Location: Central Cascades, near Cle Elum, WA
Distance: 9 miles
Elevation Gain: 2500ft
Highest Point: 6500ft
My WTA report listed below; Lake Ingalls is the premier Autumn trail fo WA state due to its golden larches. Photos below are views from Ingalls Pass.
– Teanaway Rd. is probably the most beautiful drive in WA right now with Autumn color in full display.
– FR 9737, teeming with hikers and hunters, is the busiest dirt road I’ve ever traveled on. I was escorted by a line of 5-6 cars from beginning to end to the TH. Watermelon sized potholes scattered along the 10 mi. rd.. Leave the new Tesla at home, take the Corolla.
– medium-sized TH parking is full by 9:30 on this Saturday, but plenty of road side parking.
-it is slightly busier than an average Spokane residential sidewalk, but fellow hikers are friendly, courteous bunch.
– trail is fully snow-covered about <1/4 mi. from the Pass, all the way to the Lake. No special footwear needed to the Pass, but water proof hiking boots + gaiters are advisable beyond the pass. On the other hand, I saw hikers without either and seemed to do fine.
– Is it worthwhile to proceed beyond the Pass to the Lake? Absolutely!